Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fun Bathtime Activity

So, the other day I was looking up some fun crafts for toddlers on the web. I came across a "recipe" for bath tub paint. We tried it out the other night...super fun! Mallory loved it and it didn't stain our tub or her skin. Of course she didn't want to get out of the tub...but when she finally did, she smelled like raspberries :).

We used...

a small bowl full of her normal clear/white baby body wash (Johnson's something)
just enough corn starch to get a nice thick paint consistency
1/2 to 3/4 packet of Jello Gelatin powder for color (we've used raspberry and lemon so far)


*Disclaimer: This did not stain our tub at all...however, test a small spot on your tub 1st...I do not want to be blamed for stained bathtubs :)


6 comments:

Sarah said...

What a cool idea! We'll definitely try it!

Amy said...

How fun! I cannot wait until Audrey is old enough to enjoy these kinds of things!

Chesley said...

How Fun! I want to try this! Thanks for sharing!

Mandy said...

your soooo creative!

xoxo..MM

Kelly said...

Fun, fun! Hope you are doing well! Let's get together soon!
P.S. This is Leah signed in under Kelly's name. :)

Kristen said...

Can't wait to try this! love it!