Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Birthday!

I love that Mallory is getting old enough to have opinions about things. When I asked her what kind of birthday party she wanted this year, she immediately responded with the title of her current favorite book. "A Chicka Chicka Boom Boom birthday Mom!" Not exactly what I had in mind but I quickly started brainstorming and then I too got excited about Mallory's creative party theme. So, thanks to Mallory, we had a colorful party themed with letters and coconut trees! If you have not read this book, go buy it! It's adorable!

Mallory's Inspiration



The Invitation

(custom created by Silly Seira Designs, she is awesome!)


The birthday girl



(adorable tee shirt purchased from Fly Duds)

The Decor



The Snacks
included letter shaped jello, coconut tree cookies, marshmallow pops, suckers, letter gummies and cupcakes of course!




The Activities
included fishing for magnetic letters, a letter hunt around the yard (kids hunted for the letters to spell their name), playdough with letter shaped cookie cutters, an alphabet floor puzzle and the giant coconut tree bounce house!



The Favors
included a copy of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (thank you Lori for the great deal!), gummie letters and alphabet silly bandz


Thanks to our family and friends for coming and making Mallory's party a great day of fun!




2 comments:

Lori said...

such a cute and fun party!! annalee loved her bracelets...she thought they were hilarious.

Jara said...

CUTEST IDEA EVER!!!!! Love that, that book is one of our faves too:) Loved all the decorations and Mallory is precious!!!