Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hoot Hoot, I'm cute!

Mallory and I had fun making this sweet fall treat yesterday! I came across some owl crackers online the other day and thought they were too cute, so we had to try them!

They were super easy to make.
You need:
Graham Crackers
Marshmallows (I used the big ones and cut them in fourths)
Yellow Candy melts (got mine from Hobby Lobby)
Chocolate Chips
Candy Corns
We simply broke the crackers in half, put 2 marshmallow pieces together and heated in the microwave for about 7 seconds. Once they puff up nicely, add the candy melts by pushing them into the marshmallows. Then, we heated them a few more seconds to get the candy melts warm enough for the chocolate chips to stick and added the candy corn nose.

After they cooled, we packaged them up to share with our friends, neighbors and teachers. What a fun (and yummy) way to welcome Fall!!

4 comments:

Tricia said...

LOVE them Kars! We have everything (including yellow candy melts...how random is that!?!) to make these already. Think we'll make these for a snack tomorrow and share with friends, too. Thanks for the great idea.

Jara said...

Unbelievably precious!!! LOVE THEM!

Ashley McSpadden said...

AWESOME treat! You are so creative 8o)

Anonymous said...

I brought sweets for Devynn's party at school today, I totally should have brought these instead. We'll have to make these for Halloween night, great idea!