Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Cleaning!

Spring cleaning is so great...On Saturday my mom and I cleaned out my closet. I don't think the words "cleaned out" really do justice to what we did. We completely gutted it and started from scratch. We worked from about 11:30-6:00pm and finally finished. Scott watched Mallory the whole time so we could work. It was a long day, but well worth it. I wish I would have taken a"before" picture. But I didn't really know it was that bad until we started pulling everything out. Here is an "after" picture and one of the pile (or should I say mountain) of stuff I got rid of. Amazing!

The mountain of stuff








My new, beautiful closet! I think we even have some empty space now. Thanks mom.




7 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so impressed with your purging!!

Kristen said...

Great job! I've been slowly purging my closet and other random things as well. It's so freeing!

Angie said...

very nice! you need to have a bonfire with all your old teaching clothes/shoes...not that we ever fell into the "teacher clothes" trap! :)

karson said...

Angie, I got rid of tons of old teaching clothes. I even still had stuff from my student teaching...yikes! Unfortunately the main reason I got rid of it was because it was too small :(. Oh well, at least my closet has more room! I think I had enough stuff to make a bonfire! :) How was the honeymoon?

Jennifer said...

A) I am COMPLETELY jealous of how big your closet is!!

B) That really IS a gigantic mound of stuff! I'm totally impressed.

Tricia said...

Great job Karson! Now it looks like you've got plenty of room for new stuff. Want to go shopping? :)

karson said...

Jennifer,don't be fooled...it's not as big as it looks.

Tricia, Yes! Let's go shopping :)